Ticketing terms & Conditions
Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Events General Terms and Conditions for ticket purchase and attendance
Terms and Conditions as of 07 July 2022
1. Application of General Terms and Conditions
By purchasing tickets to attend Pink Salt, Live and Proud: The Sydney WorldPride Opening Concert, Domain Dance Party, Sydney WorldPride Human Rights Conference, Blak & Deadly: First Nations Gala Concert, Ultra Violet, Bondi Beach Party and Rainbow Republic, known as Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Events, referred to in this document as an Event, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as any specific terms and conditions notified at the time of ticket sale.
By purchasing a ticket for Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Events, you agree to these General Terms and Conditions. By purchasing a ticket on behalf of someone else, you undertake to inform them of these General Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions notified at the time of sale.
These General Terms and Conditions also apply to tickets issued by an authorised ticket seller. To the extent of any inconsistency, these General Terms and Conditions, and any other conditions of sale relating to the specific Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event notified at the time of sale, will prevail.
If the ticket is for a Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event at a venue, attendance at the venue may also be subject to the venue’s terms and conditions. You will be notified of this on our website with the information relating to the specific Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event.
2. Official Ticket Sellers
Sydney WorldPride Official Events tickets are available for purchase from the following four authorised ticket providers: Moshtix, Ticketmaster, Ticketek and Sydney Opera House Ticketing.
Any tickets purchased through an unauthorised outlet or reseller risk being fake or previously cancelled and by using these tickets you may not be authorised entry into the Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event . We strongly recommend only purchasing tickets through the authorised ticket providers’ websites.
The reselling of tickets is strictly prohibited by non-authorised resellers; tickets found to be resold may be voided and cancelled at the discretion of Sydney WorldPride. Sydney WorldPride is not responsible for refunding the value of any ticket or costs associated with the purchase of reseller tickets.
3. Approved Travel Providers
Sydney WorldPride has approved a number of travel providers to sell tickets to several Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Events as part of travel packages. All tickets purchased through our approved travel providers are subject to these General Terms and Conditions.
4. Ticket issue
To reduce the unlawful resale of tickets (scalping), tickets for Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Events will not be issued until close to the Event date, however you will receive confirmation of purchase immediately, available to view in the account of the ticketing provider.
5. Limits On Ticket Purchases Per Customer
As an anti-scalping measure and to ensure fair access to tickets, purchasing limits may be set per customer, per event. These purchase limits will be noted on the ticket event page.
Ticketing providers for Sydney WorldPride Official Events reserve the right to cancel any tickets above this limit at its discretion, without warning.
6. Cancelled or Rescheduled Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Events
Sydney WorldPride does not guarantee that the Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event for which a ticket is issued will take place at the date, time and venue indicated at the time of sale. Sydney WorldPride reserves the right to make alterations to the time, date and venue of any Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event or other details governed by any ticket in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including (without limitation), force majeure, safety and security concerns. In the event of such alteration, Sydney WorldPride, will not be liable to the ticket holder or any other person for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alteration, except to the extent set out in section six of these Terms and Conditions.
In the unlikely circumstance that a Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event is cancelled or there is a change to the time, date or venue, you will receive prompt notification via email and SMS and you will receive a details and instructions regarding refunds and / or exchanges.
If the ticket is for an Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event which is delayed but completed on the same calendar day, ticket holders shall not be eligible for a refund.
If the ticket is for a Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event which is interrupted after it begins, and Sydney WorldPride determines that it was substantially completed, ticket holders shall not be eligible for a refund.
If the ticket is for a Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event which commences as scheduled, is interrupted after it begins, and Sydney WorldPride determines that the Sydney WorldPride 2023 Official Event was not substantially completed, and the Event is rescheduled to take place as a new Event, the ticket holder may:
i. Retain their original ticket for admission to the rescheduled Event; or
ii. Retain their original ticket to apply for a refund for the purchase price of their ticket(s).
If the ticket is for an Event which commences as scheduled, is interrupted after it begins, and Sydney WorldPride determines that the Event was not substantially completed, and the Event is not rescheduled the ticket holder will receive an automatic refund within 30 working days.
If the ticket is for an Event which is rescheduled, before commencing, to an alternate day or venue the ticket holder may:
i. Retain their original ticket for admission to the rescheduled Event; or
ii. Retain their original ticket to apply for a refund for the purchase price of their ticket(s).
If an Event is cancelled (i.e. not held at all) the ticket holder will receive an automatic refund within 30 working days of the cancellation of the Event.
Force majeure is defined as in respect of a party, means any event or circumstance (or combination of events or circumstances) which is beyond the reasonable control of that party, including acts of terror, pandemics, epidemics, actions undertaken by regulatory authorities, emergency personnel or government, a strike, lockout or other industrial disturbance, legislative or executive action, an act of God, fire, lightning, explosion, flood, subsidence, insurrection or civil disorder or military operations
7. Exchanges And Refunds
Before purchasing tickets, carefully review the event and ticket selection. Refunds or exchanges will not be given except due to event cancellation or rescheduling, or relocation of an event, or circumstances required by law or Live Performance Australia code of practice for Event Ticketing (www.liveperformance.com.au).
Refund liability is limited to the total amount of the ticket purchase (including any fees or charges). Sydney WorldPride will not be liable for any associated costs, expenses or losses (including without limitation, any indirect and/or consequential loss, such as for travel to the venue or any accommodation costs) incurred due to any cancellation, rescheduling or relocation.
Please note that refund protection is available for most tickets:
Click here for more information on Refund Protection through Booking Protect.
Where application for a refund applies, only the original ticket purchaser may apply for a refund. If Sydney WorldPride initiates a refund process, the ticket purchaser will be advised of the process and the prescribed deadline for refund, through the media or via direct communication, within 30 working days of the cancellation or rescheduling of the Event. The ticket purchaser must follow the prescribed process and deadline to be eligible for a refund.
Any refund will be the purchase price including fees and will be credited back via the same method used to make the purchase.
The safety of our guests, staff and artists are of the upmost importance and this policy was developed to protect the health and well-being for all involved in the festival. While attending Sydney WorldPride Events we ask that you follow all government health guidelines and follow staff directions on site. If you are sick or suffering from COVID-19, or are required by law to self-isolate or quarantine we ask that you do not attend Sydney WorldPride Events. If you have purchased refund protection, please contact your provider immediately to discuss refund options. If you have not purchased refund protection and you are unable to attend due to testing positive to COVID19, you can apply for a refund by submitting a refund request available from your point of purchase. Refund requests must be received prior to the Event start time. In order to process a refund request, you agree to provide evidence of your illness with a laboratory PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test certificate. Without this evidence, a refund will not be approved.
9. Venue Entry and Requirements
Admission to a Venue will only be authorised upon presentation of a valid ticket (one Ticket will be required for each person, with the exception of any child aged under 24 months and who will not occupy a separate seat within the venue). A valid ticket permits the ticket holder to occupy, at the relevant Event, the position indicated on that ticket or such other alternative position as Sydney WorldPride may allocate acting reasonably.
Any ticket holder leaving a Venue will not be guaranteed re-entry.
It is an essential condition of issuance of any ticket and the right of admission to a Venue that a ticket holder is expressly prohibited from:
- bringing into a Venue any prohibited item including (without limitation) bottles, glass, cans, weapons, fireworks, hard cool boxes, compressed gas containers, flares, air horns, smoke bombs and/or flag sticks; alcohol and/or illegal substances; food and drink other than a small amount of sealed bottled water for personal consumption; banners, signs or materials displaying political, religious, offensive or race-related messages, slogans or images; any item that is dangerous, hazardous and/or illegal or that may be used as a weapon or a missile or that may compromise or otherwise interfere with the enjoyment, comfort or safety of (or pose a hazard to) any person or security at the Venue; and/or any camera or other type of photographic or recording device (of any nature whatsoever and whether capturing still or moving pictures) other than for personal use. Prohibited Items may be removed, confiscated and/or destroyed at the discretion of any authorised person;
- possessing, bringing into, or using within a Venue any sponsorship, promotional or commercial items or materials (of whatever nature) without the prior written authorisation of Sydney WorldPride (the ticket holder may be asked to deliver up a copy of any such authorisation upon entry to or whilst within any Venue);
- whilst within any Venue, engaging in any form of ambush marketing (whether by invasion, intrusion or otherwise), conducting any commercial activity whatsoever, or offering (either for free or for sale), selling or possessing items with intent to sell (including, without limitation, drinks, food, souvenirs, clothes, promotional and/or commercial items and literature), in each case without the prior written authorisation of Sydney WorldPride. Any such items may be removed, confiscated and/or destroyed at the discretion of any authorised person;
- whilst within any Venue, engaging in disruptive, dangerous or violent behaviour or behaving in a way that any reasonable person may interpret as provocative, threatening, discriminatory and/or offensive, creating or posing any threat to the life or safety of themselves or any other person(s), or harming any other person(s) in any way; and/or
- whilst within any Venue, entering or circulating in restricted access areas or other areas where that person is not permitted, including (without limitation), climbing lighting masts, fences, roofs and other apparatus or constructions, or standing on seats.
The situation in relation to COVID-19 is fluid and we may need to change or impose additional on-site requirements from time to time, and these will be guided by NSW Health requirements at the time of the Event. Please check what these are before you attend an Event.
Lockout periods may apply and admission to event may be restricted if you are late. Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break.
Sydney WorldPride may also append additional events terms and conditions and these additional terms are displayed and agreed to by the purchaser during the booking process.
Where an event is listed as 18+, if directed, you must provide identification which proves you are at least 18 years old. If you are unable to provide this identification, you may be refused entry into the event, and no refund will be available.
Where an event is listed as all ages, people aged 15 years or less must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who must also hold a valid ticket. If the person aged 15 years or less is not accompanied by their parent or legal guardian, they will be refused entry into the Event.
You may be refused entry to an event if you have not complied with these terms and conditions.
You may be refused entry to an event if you are found to be intoxicated, or are displaying abusive, threating, or offensive behaviour to other guests or staff.
Each ticket holder admitted to a venue acknowledges that their presence and movement in and around the venue is at their own risk and that to the maximum event permitted by Law. Sydney WorldPride nor any authorised persons are liable for any loss, damage and / or harm including (without limitation) bodily or mental harm, personal property damage or loss, or any other loss and / or harm arising from and/or occurring during their attendance at the venue due to any act or omission, including but not limited to negligence, wilful and/or intentional misconduct and, without limitation to the foregoing, each ticket holder agrees that no claim, complaint or proceeding will be brough in relation to the foregoing.
Each ticket holder shall indemnify and hold Sydney WorldPride and all authorised persons harmless from and against all loss, damages and liabilities suffered or incurred by any of them in connection with, resulting from, or arising out of a breach by the ticket holder of any of these conditions.
10. Media & Recordings
Photographs or any other recordings of sound or images taken by a ticket holder within a Venue may be used for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes only. It is forbidden for the ticket holder to disseminate at any time, over the internet, radio, television and/or any other current and/or future form or type of media, any sound, image, description or result and/or statistics of an Event (in whole or in part), or to assist any other person(s) in the conduct of such activities. The ticket holder is also forbidden from making or distributing broadcasts, commentary, news reports and/or statistics in respect of the whole or any part of an Event, by any means and in any format or media, including (without limitation) any such content made, recorded or captured in still or moving form by mobile phones or by any other form of wireless and/or portable device.
Each Ticket Holder attending an Event:
- acknowledges that they are likely to be recorded in a number of media and publicly disseminated;
- agrees that perpetual use may be made, free of charge, of their voice, image and likeness captured whilst present at or about the Venue (by means of live or recorded video display, broadcast, transmission or other dissemination or recording, photographs or any other current and/or future media technologies) and waives, on an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual basis, all rights to object to such recording and the broadcasting, transmission or other dissemination thereof in any current and/or future media technologies;
- acknowledges and agrees that Sydney WorldPride are the sole legal and beneficial owners of the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of any nature whatsoever in and to any recordings of sound or images taken within a Venue (including future rights to such recordings or to any works derived from such recordings) and waives, on an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual basis, all rights (including moral rights) in and to any such recordings; and
- hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grants Sydney WorldPride a perpetual, exclusive, freely assignable and royalty-free licence to use, adapt, distribute and/or exploit, by any means and in any current and/or future form or type of media or format, any recordings taken by the ticket holder within a Venue in breach of section 10 of these Conditions.
Sydney WorldPride reserves the right to change or withdraw advertised artists, programs or seating without notice.
In the event that any provision(s) of these Conditions is declared void, ineffective or unenforceable in any respect by any competent court in any jurisdiction, that provision(s) shall be severed to the extent necessary in that jurisdiction, and the remainder of these Conditions will remain in effect as if such provision(s) had not been included and the validity, enforceability and/or legal effect of such remaining Conditions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
To the extent permitted by law, Sydney WorldPride will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to you or your personal belongings however caused nor any consequential loss or damage, which arise from your attendance at a Sydney WorldPride Event.
You are responsible for making your own inquiries before deciding whether an Event is suitable for you to attend.
You are at all times responsible for your personal possessions such as bags, mobile phones and other items you carry with you, and must not leave any of your possessions unattended at any time.
Our liability to you in relation to tickets is limited to the obligations specified in these General Terms and Conditions and our obligations under applicable laws and the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice – Consumer Code.
The Australian Consumer Law provides certain statutory guarantees for consumers which cannot be excluded, for example that services will be provided with due care and skill. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions modifies or excludes those guarantees.
13. Changes to these General Terms and Conditions
These General Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice and should be reviewed here prior to making a purchase.
These General Terms and Conditions were last updated in July 2022.