Be part of Sydney WorldPride through Pride Amplified
Sydney WorldPride is inviting you to be part of Pride Amplified, the open access program for arts, culture, community, experiences and parties.
“Pride Amplified is for anyone who wants to showcase LGBTQIA+ creativity during the Sydney WorldPride festival 17 February to 5 March 2023,” said Sydney WorldPride’s Co-Creative Director, Daniel Clarke. “Whether it’s a party or a night at the theatre, we want to see applications for events across Greater Sydney to showcase Sydney’s LGBTQIA+ talent to the world.”
“From family-friendly days out, to radical and immersive experiences, this is our community’s chance to present LGBTQIA+ creativity on an international stage.”
Registrations for Pride Amplified are open from 24 June to 1 August, for projects to be included in the printed festival guide to be distributed in November 2022.
There is a light-touch approval process for Pride Amplified events, and requirements that must be met in order to register:
- Applying artists, producers, promoters, community or business organisations can be from anywhere in the world – however, the presented work must take place in Sydney during the Sydney WorldPride festival. The work must also be by and/or for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- There is no creative assessment of Pride Amplified events, however they must demonstrate strong event planning and a commitment to Sydney WorldPride’s values of diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
- To be part of Pride Amplified, a registration fee is payable. The fee is on a sliding scale depending on the ticket price and size of the event (see below). The registration fee covers the cost of administering the Pride Amplified program.
- Projects that are both not for profit AND have not received philanthropic, corporate or government financial support, will have the option to apply for a registration fee waiver.
- Registrations will be made through the Pride Amplified registration portal (opening 24 June), where Event Providers will upload their event information and receive all Pride Amplified communication.
- Venues can also register to be part of Pride Amplified through Pride Amplified registration portal and connect with event providers who are looking for a venue to present their event.
- Event Providers are responsible for all aspects of the event and retain all box office responsibilities. Pride Amplified events can use their own ticketing platform to sell tickets or can use the Red61 ticketing system accessible via Pride Amplified (there will be a fee to use Red61, payable to the ticketing retailer and an inside charge).
- Events submitted by 1 August 2022 and approved will be able to use the Pride Amplified logo in marketing, be part of the Sydney WorldPride printed guide, and be listed on the Pride Amplified website.
A second round of applications for Pride Amplified will re-open from early November for inclusion on the Pride Amplified website only.
Sign up for the Sydney WorldPride newsletter to receive the Pride Amplified application portal details on 24 June.
By application (see pg 19 of the handbook)
|All Events||FREE ($0)||FREE ($0)|
|Not For Profit / Community Fees|
for events presented by a Not For Profit, or Unfunded* Community Group or Independent Producer
|Cost per event|
|Single Event – free entry||175||175|
|Single Event – paid entry||250||250|
|3 Event Discount Pack (3 different events by the same producer)||475||158.33|
|For Profit / Commercial Fees|
for Events presented by a Commercial/For Profit or Funded Presenter
|Cost per event|
|All events with Free Entry:|
|Single Event or Show Season* – free entry||350||350|
|Events with paid entry in venues of less than 500pax capacity:|
|Single Event – paid entry||500||500|
|Show Season* – paid entry||550||550|
|2 Event Discount Pack (2 different events by the same producer)||750||375|
|4 Event Discount Pack (4 different events by the same producer)||1200||300|
|Events with paid entry in venues of 500pax or greater capacity:|
|Single Event – paid entry||800||800|
|Show Season* – paid entry||950||950|
|2 Event Discount Pack (2 different events by the same producer)||1450||725|
|4 Event Discount Pack (4 different events by the same producer)||2600||650|
*Unfunded means the event receives no corporate, government or substantial philanthropic financial support.
*A ‘Show Season’ means multiple performances of the same production/event over multiple days. Events with multi-show seasons will have one Festival Guide and one Website listing per Event.