Be part of Sydney WorldPride through Pride Amplified
The opening of Pride Amplified applications is slightly delayed. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when applications will open.
Sydney WorldPride is inviting you to be part of Pride Amplified, the open access program for arts, culture, community, experiences and parties.
“Pride Amplified is for anyone who wants to showcase LGBTQIA+ creativity during the Sydney WorldPride festival 17 February to 5 March 2023,” said Sydney WorldPride’s Co-Creative Director, Daniel Clarke. “Whether it’s a party or a night at the theatre, we want to see applications for events across Greater Sydney to showcase Sydney’s LGBTQIA+ talent to the world.”
“From family-friendly days out, to radical and immersive experiences, this is our community’s chance to present LGBTQIA+ creativity on an international stage.”
Registrations for Pride Amplified are open from 24 June to 1 August, for projects to be included in the printed festival guide to be distributed in November 2022.
There is a light-touch approval process for Pride Amplified events, and requirements that must be met in order to register:
- Applying artists, producers, promoters, community or business organisations can be from anywhere in the world – however, the presented work must take place in Sydney during the Sydney WorldPride festival. The work must also be by and/or for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- There is no creative assessment of Pride Amplified events, however they must demonstrate strong event planning and a commitment to Sydney WorldPride’s values of diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
- To be part of Pride Amplified, a registration fee is payable. The fee is on a sliding scale depending on the ticket price and size of the event (see below). The registration fee covers the cost of administering the Pride Amplified program.
- Projects that are both not for profit AND have not received philanthropic, corporate or government financial support, will have the option to apply for a registration fee waiver.
- Registrations will be made through the Pride Amplified registration portal (opening 24 June), where Event Providers will upload their event information and receive all Pride Amplified communication.
- Venues can also register to be part of Pride Amplified through Pride Amplified registration portal and connect with event providers who are looking for a venue to present their event.
- Event Providers are responsible for all aspects of the event and retain all box office responsibilities. Pride Amplified events can use their own ticketing platform to sell tickets or can use the Red61 ticketing system accessible via Pride Amplified (there will be a fee to use Red61, payable to the ticketing retailer and an inside charge).
- Events submitted by 1 August 2022 and approved will be able to use the Pride Amplified logo in marketing, be part of the Sydney WorldPride printed guide, and be listed on the Pride Amplified website.
A second round of applications for Pride Amplified will re-open from early November for inclusion on the Pride Amplified website only.
Sign up for the Sydney WorldPride newsletter to receive the Pride Amplified application portal details on 24 June.
Pride Amplified Registration Fees
Note: all prices are excluding GST
|Events that are both Unfunded* and Not For Profit NB: Event providers can apply for a fee waiver at this level||Fee|
|Single Event – free entry||$ 175.00|
|Single Event – paid entry||$ 250.00|
|3 Event Discount Pack|
(3 different events by the same producer)
|$ 475.00 (equivalent of $158.33 per event)|
|Show Seasons (same show over multiple days)||$ 400.00|
*Unfunded means the event receives no philanthropic, corporate or government financial support
|Events that are Funded and/or For Profit||Fee||Cost per event|
|Single Event – free entry||$ 350.00||$350.00|
|Show Seasons (same show over multiple days)||$ 550.00||$550.00|
|Single Event – paid entry, venue less than 500 capacity||$ 500.00||$500.00|
|2 Event Discount Pack (2 different events by the same producer), venue less than 500 capacity||$ 750.00||$375.00|
|4 Event Discount Pack (4 different events by the same producer), venue less than 500 capacity||$ 1,200.00||$300.00|
|Single Event – paid entry, venue 500 or greater capacity||$ 800.00||$800.00|
|2 Event Discount Pack (2 different events by the same producer), venue 500 or greater capacity||$ 1,450.00||$725.00|
|4 Event Discount Pack (4 different events by the same producer), venue 500 or greater capacity||$ 2,600.00||$650.00|