Sat Feb 25 - Sun Feb 26
Sat Feb 25 - Sun Feb 26
Skip to section:
By Dale Woodbridge-Brown
Can the Kumbayas, throw on Queen B and spark more than just the fire. This is your roll call for Camp Culture – An interactive family circus show for campers of any age. But this is no gammin summer camp – it’s serving up equal parts skill and sass.
Hosted by seasoned and completely unqualified camp leader Dale Woodbridge Brown. He can’t use a compass but will show that no matter where you come from, there’s always a way to earn your badge for being your most authentic self. From growing up as a Faboriginal kid from the bush to one of Australia’s most prolific circus artists – his ability to use humour and heart to empower unrepresented voices will leave campers begging to stay just a little longer!
“Loved every second of that. I don’t know what I’m watching but I absolutely love it” – Shane Jacobson Australia’
Co-commissioned and presented by YIRRAMBOI Festival and ArtPlay
25 Feb 10.15am
25 Feb 12pm
26 Feb 10.15am
Camp Culture is part of Marri Madung Butbut: The First Nations Gathering Space.
This is an all-ages event. Under 12s are free.
Bay 20. Carriageworks, 245 Wilson Street, Eveleigh
- 週六 2月25
- 周日 2月26
- First Nations, First Nations Gathering Space, Official on Sale, Official Sydney WorldPride
Important Event Information
This is an All Ages event.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that the event may contain images and voices of people who are no longer with us.
- Sydney WorldPride shows may include strobe lighting, smoke and haze effects, loud music, flash photography, fire effects, pyrotechnics or other theatrical effects.
To download the event map, click here
- Your ticket (if attending any ticketed events)
- Valid Photo ID is required for people aged 18 and over to be served alcohol
- Refillable water bottle and coffee cup (no glass or metal)
- EFT or credit card – Only ‘contactless’ payment will be accepted for food and beverage transactions
- Good vibes
Please note: Tickets to Sydney WorldPride events will be available for purchase from the Carriageworks Box Office and card and cash payments will be accepted
You must bring valid Photo ID (Proof of age is a requirement for alcohol service at bars)
Valid forms of ID include:
- A Driver’s or Rider’s Licence or Learner’s Permit issued by an Australian State or Territory or any foreign country
- A NSW Digital Driver Licence
- NSW photo card
- Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the Commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age
- Keypass (over 18) identity card issued by Australia Post
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all persons attending this event please be advised of the following conditions:
- You must have a valid ticket or other authorisation/accreditation to enter ticketed events.
- This event site is fully licensed. Alcohol sales are subject to Responsible Service of Alcohol and Harm Minimisation Practices. We are prohibited by law from serving liquor to minors and to intoxicated persons.
- Entry is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, Sydney WorldPride, the venue and artists accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damages caused to patrons or patron property whilst attending the event.
- You may be filmed or photographed at the event & footage/images may be used, replicated or published by Sydney WorldPride or the artists for promotional & other purposes.
- Please respect the neighbours and residents whilst entering & exiting the event: Keep noise to a minimum & place rubbish in allocated bins.
- Any patron found carrying illegal substances, weapons or items considered dangerous or offensive will be referred to the Police.
- Disruptive or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Intoxicated or disorderly patrons will be evicted from the venue without a refund.
- COVID 19: By entering our site, you declare that at the time of entry, you have no symptoms of COVID-19, have not tested positive to COVID-19 and are not required by health authorities to isolate.
- By using our medical facilities, you consent to Sydney WorldPride having access to your medical records.
- Sydney WorldPride reserves the right to vary advertised programs and to add, withdraw or substitute artists where necessary.
- Any person bearing or wearing gang colours, patches or insignias will not be permitted entry to the event.
- Keep your shirt on! Anyone not wearing a top of some sort may be asked to put one on.
- Smoking and vaping is prohibited in all internal areas of the venue. Designated smoking and vaping areas are outside.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Please abide by all lawful directions of Carriageworks and Sydney WorldPride including the right to refuse entry to patrons and to request patrons to leave the venue.
- This is a non-BYO event meaning no food and/or beverages will be permitted into the venue.
- Please look out for each other. If you see someone around you in distress, seek assistance, alert front of house staff or security personnel immediately.
For more information, visit the Sydney WorldPride Ticketing Terms and Conditions – click here
What not to bring:
- Glass and metal bottles or cans
- Alcohol or illegal drugs / substances of any kind.
- Sound or video recorders or cameras with detachable lens (small still cameras are allowed). Flash photography is not permitted.
- Selfie Sticks/Go-Pro Sticks / Monopods or Tripods.
- Chairs, folding chairs, bean bags, inflatable chairs or lounges, tents, sun shelters, eskies, and hard-cased cooler bags.
- Political, offensive or discriminatory banners, posters, flags or signage made of soft or hard material.
- Clothing with images or text that is offensive or discriminatory in nature.
- Drones and or other remote-controlled devices.
- Megaphones, horns, trumpets, sirens, whistles or any type of noise-making devices.
- Fireworks, flares or sparklers.
- Weapons of any kind, including any item that can be used as a projectile.
- Laser Pointers, permanent marker / felt type pens, scissors or large aerosol canisters.
- Flyers, stickers or any other promotional material not authorised by Sydney WorldPride.
- Any item that you intend (or such quantities of the item from which Sydney WorldPride can reasonably infer that you intend) to distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing or promotional purposes.
- Balaclavas or (non-religious) face coverings.
- Dogs or other pets (excluding official assistance/service animals, which are accepted)
- Any other item determined by Sydney WorldPride, the venue, management or artist to be dangerous or capable of causing a public nuisance that would distract, obstruct or interfere with the artist performance, or jeopardise public safety.
Please note: Food is not allowed inside a theatre or auditorium at Carriageworks.
For more information, visit the Sydney WorldPride Ticketing Terms and Conditions – click here
Below you’ll find all the important information about the facilities offered at the event, including what to expect at the event to help make your experience safer and more enjoyable:
Food & Beverage
This is a licensed event so there is no BYO. A selection of food will be available for purchase from the Indigiearth Café and our bars will provide a range of alcoholic drinks, as well as a range of non-alcoholic options including water. Please see the event map for the location of food and bars at the event.
Only ‘contactless’ payment will be accepted for food and beverage transactions. AMEX, Visa, Mastercard and EFTPOS accepted.
Free water will also be available at all bars. Please see the event map for the locations of the water refill outlets.
All Gender toilets (including accessible toilets) can be accessed within the venue. Please see the event map for the location of toilets at the event.
If you feel unwell, first aid is available at Carriageworks Visitor Services. Please see the event map for the location of First Aid / Carriageworks Visitor Services at the event.
Trading Blak Shop
The Trading Blak Pop-Up Store offers a curated selection of First Nations wares from First Nations owned and operated businesses. Be sure to check in each time you visit Marri Madung Butbut – each day has a new section to shop! Open from:
- 5:30pm on Thu 23 Feb
- 4pm on Fri 24 Feb, Mon 27 Feb and Tue 28 Feb
- 10am on Sat 25 Feb and Sun 26 Feb.
Please see the event map for the location of the Trading Blak Shop at the event.
Box Office / Carriageworks Visitor Services
Tickets to other events at Carriageworks will be available for purchase from the Box Office and card and cash payments will be accepted. Please see the event map for the Box Office location.
Cloak room facilities are provided free of charge on a performance requirement basis as deemed by Carriageworks, it is your responsibility to collect any cloaked items after the performance. While all care is taken, Carriageworks accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to any items deposited in the cloak room. Carriageworks reserves the right to refuse to accept any item for deposit in the cloak room. Uncollected items will be logged as lost property post event.
Lost property will be held at Carriageworks Visitor Services located in the Public Space; patrons can complete a lost property form onsite or post event via email/phone. Please note that anything not collected after 2 weeks from date of being logged is disposed of by Carriageworks.
If you are attending a ticketed event and cannot find your ticket, please log into your MoshTix account.
For all questions relating to ticket purchases or for further information please contact Moshtix – click here
We strongly encourage all participants to use public transport and to plan your travel before arriving at the event. Plan your trip at transportnsw.info – click here
For more information and travel tips, click here
Live Traffic Information
For more information on road closures and changed traffic conditions including maps, click here
Make the most of your Sydney WorldPride festival experience with our guide to looking after your health and wellbeing.
Visit the website (click here) for more information on the following topics:
- Looking after your sexual health
- Monkeypox (Mpox), Covid-19 and other health issues
- Sun, water and road safety
- Mental health services
For more information about local laws and getting help regarding the following topics, visit the Sydney WorldPride website (click here)
- Drug and alcohol use
- Help in an emergency
NSW Health also have a dedicated Sydney WorldPride health and safety page with invaluable information, found at the link:
Visit the website, click here
For free help in your language, contact the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50.
Here are ways you can help make this a greener event!
- Bring an empty refillable water bottle and coffee cup (no glass or metal).
- To reduce your carbon footprint we encourage you to catch public transport to our events.
- Choose your bin carefully, make sure your waste goes in the correct bin.
- Consider offsetting your travel to the event. For information on the Sydney WorldPride Carbon Offset Program, click here
For more information, visit the Sydney WorldPride Pride Planet Program page – click here
Accessible features available at this event:
- Wheelchair accessible – An access ramp leading to the main entrance is located at street level at 245 Wilson Street
- Accessible toilets
- Accessible drop-off & pick-up points
- Language non-barrier (For visual artwork exhibitions only)
- Auslan interpretation for specific events – Please refer to the Sydney WorldPride website for the latest information
- Assistive animal facilities
- Sunflower lanyard program
Please note: Sydney WorldPride shows may include strobe lighting, smoke and haze effects, loud music, flash photography, fire effects, pyrotechnics or other theatrical effects.
Sydney WorldPride is proud to support the Sunflower Hidden Disabilities Program which is a globally recognised symbol for hidden or non-obvious disabilities. The Sunflower Lanyard enables people with hidden disabilities and conditions the choice to let the people around them know they may need extra support, empathy, understanding or patience. This may mean some wearers cannot stand for a long time in the queue to use the bathroom, may need the use of an accessible bathroom (even if they aren’t a wheelchair or mobility aid user), patience when their order is being taken, may need fast-tracked support, more time to move around (i.e. due to pain or mobility challenges) or can feel overwhelmed, sensory overload or stressed out in large crowds and loud environments.
If you already own a Sunflower lanyard please bring it along and it will be accepted at all SWP events. If you don’t already have one, Sunflower Lanyards will be available onsite at Carriageworks Box Office – please check the event map for Sunflower Lanyard Pickup locations on site. The lanyard is yours to keep and use during the festival and beyond! Click this link for more information on what the Sunflower Lanyard is and how it may support you.
People who hold a valid Companion Card will be issued a complimentary ticket when they support a ticketholder with disability. To reserve tickets please contact [email protected] You may be asked to present your Companion Card at the event.
For a step-by-step visual and written guide for visiting Carriageworks, click here
If you have accessibility requirements, please contact Carriageworks on +61 2 8571 9099 Wed-Sun 10am-5pm for any further information or assistance.
An accessible drop-off & pick-up point will be available on Wilson street and also the end of Carriageworks Way. Enter via 229 Wilson Street for level access entry. Please refer to the event map for locations.
The closest train station with wheelchair access is Newtown Station.
Plan your trip at transportnsw.info – click here
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select “accessible services only” in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. Check accessible travel or download a transport app (select the “Accessibility” filter).
我們使用 Cookie 為您提供最佳的在線體驗。由 繼續使用本網站即表示您同意使用中的所有Cookie。