Travelling to and from the pararde
Public Transport Information
Major road closures will be in place for the Mardi Gras Parade. Spectators are strongly encouraged to leave cars at home and use public transport.
With very large crowds expected, extra trains and buses will be running. Services will be very busy, so please plan your journey before the event and allow plenty of extra travel time to make the most of your night.
If you have specific transport questions, you can contact Transport NSW on:
- Main Phone: 131 500
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS): 131 450
- Teletypewriter (TTY) Service: 1800 637 500
The Transport NSW website features trip planners with maps and journey details, including information on accessible travel on public transport.
Website links for Transport NSW:
- If you are travelling by train, please check that the arrival and departure stations have facilities that meet your access needs.
- All patrons who register to the Accessible Viewing Area must alight the train at Central Train Station in 2023. From Central Station you will then be able to transfer to alternate public transport services or the free Mardi Gras accessible shuttle bus service.
- We remind you that Museum Station will be closed from 5pm on 星期六 25 二月 until 4am on 星期日 26 二月.
- Mardi Gras recommend any patrons travelling by bus to alight at Central Train Station. From Central Station you will then be able to transfer to alternate public transport services or the free Mardi Gras accessible shuttle bus service.
- From 3pm, extra buses will run into the city from the northern beaches, the north shore, the inner west and the eastern suburbs. More details on these services will be available on the Transport NSW website.
- After the Parade, extra bus services will run on major routes out of the city until 3am.
- Some buses will be diverting from their regular routes due to major road closures which begin from 3pm.
Accessible Taxis, Rideshare & Drop-Off Zone
- The large crowds and road closures around the Parade footprint can make it challenging for taxis and rideshares to safely drop-off and pick-up passengers in certain areas of the City, particularly around Darlinghurst and Surry Hills. An accessible taxi/rideshare drop-off and pick-up zone will be available on the corner of Albion and Bourke Streets, Surry Hills.
- Taxi and rideshare companies will not be able to take booking requests for pick-up in areas where there are road closures.
- Wheelchair Accessible Taxi (WAT) bookings can be made via Zero200. Bookings must be made prior to the Mardi Gras Parade night through Zero200.
Mardi Gras Accessible Transfer Services
We provide various transfer services to registered guests with accessibility needs to help them travel to their Parade viewing area. These services include:
- Accessible Shuttle Bus Service from Central Train Station to close proximity of the Accessible Viewing Area
- Accessible Buggy Service – to assist with travelling from the Shuttle Bus drop-off to the Accessible Viewing Area
- Accessible Parking
These services are available to:
- Registered guests to the Parade Accessible Viewing Area
- Any Parade viewing area ticketholdets (such as Diamond Club and Sideshow) with accessibility requirements (or their companions)
If you are interested in using any of these services, you must identify this when you purchase tickets or register for our Parade accessible viewing area by 5pm, 星期一 6 二月 2023. Please contact us on [email protected] or phone us between 10am to 6pm weekdays on (02) 9383 0900 if you have any questions or require assistance.
Accessible Shuttle Bus Service
- A complimentary shuttle bus service will be available to registered guests of the Parade accessible viewing area, and ticketholders of other Parade viewing areas with accessibility requirements.
- The shuttle bus service works on a rotating loop. All buses are wheelchair accessible, and drivers will be able to assist passengers with getting on and off the bus.
- The shuttle bus stop locations will be released in late 2022.
- The table below details the shuttle bus operating times along with pick up and drop off locations.
- Please note that we recommend use of the 9:30pm shuttle bus for high-needs access guests if they choose to leave the Parade early and try to avoid the large crowd when the Parade finishes.
Shuttle Bus Schedule – 星期六 25 二月 2023
|時間||Pick-Up Location||Drop-Off Location|
|Pre-Parade||5:00pm – 7:30pm||Foveaux Street near corner of Terry Street (in front of Australian Institute of Music)||Albion Street at the corner of Bourke Street|
|Post-Parade||9:30pm – 11:59pm||Albion Street at corner of Bourke Street||Foveaux Street near corner of Terry Street (in front of Australian Institute of Music)|
Accessible Buggy Service
- A complimentary buggy service will be available to transfer accessible guests of the Parade accessible viewing area, and accessible ticket holders of the other ticketed Mardi Gras Parade viewing areas.
- The buggy service will transfer guests between the corner of Bourke and Albion Streets to the accessible viewing area entry gate at Linden Lane. This gate is 50 metres distance from the accessible viewing area located on Flinders Street.
- Priority to this service will be given to high-needs access guests upon arrival.
- There will be two buggy carts operating on a rotating loop. This will be wheelchair accessible.
- NB: Club Cindy guests should not use the buggy service. Instead, get off the shuttle bus and walk down Albion St towards Flinders St and cross the road to enter Club Cindy (approx. 50m).
Accessible Buggy Schedule – 星期六 25 二月 2023
|時間||Pick-Up Location||Drop-Off Location|
|Pre-Parade||5:00pm – 7:30pm||Bourke Street at corner of Albion Street||Linden Lane at the corner of Bourke Street|
|Post-Parade||9:30pm – 11:00pm||Linden Lane at corner of Maiden Lane||Bourke Street at the corner of Albion Street|