About Pride Amplified
Sydney WorldPride is inviting you to be part of Pride Amplified, the open access program for arts, culture, community, experiences and parties.
“Pride Amplified is for anyone who wants to showcase LGBTQIA+ creativity during the Sydney WorldPride festival 17 February to 5 March 2023,” said Sydney WorldPride’s Co-Creative Director, Daniel Clarke. “Whether it’s a party or a night at the theatre, we want to see applications for events across Greater Sydney to showcase Sydney’s LGBTQIA+ talent to the world.”
“From family-friendly days out, to radical and immersive experiences, this is our community’s chance to present LGBTQIA+ creativity on an international stage.”
The first round of registrations for Pride Amplified, for projects to be included in the printed festival guide to be distributed in November 2022 have now closed. However, a second round of applications for Pride Amplified will re-open on 11 of November for inclusion on the Pride Amplified website only.
Pride Amplified Eligibility: Who Can Apply?
There is a light-touch approval process for Pride Amplified events, and requirements that must be met in order to register.
Applying event presenters – ie artists, producers, promoters, community or business organisations – can be from anywhere in the world, however the presented event must take place in Greater Sydney during Sydney WorldPride between 17 Feb – 5 Mar 2023. Note: events can start earlier and finish after the festival as long as they present within the festival dates.
There is no creative assessment of Pride Amplified events, however all registered events must:
- Demonstrate strong event planning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Sydney WorldPride’s values of diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
- Fit into the context of an LGBTQIA+ festival, meaning the event is either: created and presented by LGBTQIA+ community; or created and presented for the LGBTQIA+ community (defined below).
Note: Due to the nature of Sydney WorldPride’s existing partner relationships, some business entities may be precluded from directly presenting and/or branding work within Pride Amplified. If after reading the handbook you are still uncertain whether your event is eligible, please fill in Step 1 of the registration process (when applications open) and you will be advised if you are eligible, and what next steps are.
Created and presented by LGBTQIA+ community:
An event created by community should be led by members of community, include a majority of participants/performers who are members of community, be presented by an LGBTQIA+ organisation, and/or be creatively driven by the unique perspectives of the community.
Created and presented for LGBTQIA+ community:
An event created by individuals or organisations that are not part of the LGBTQIA+ community may register if it has unique specific appeal to members of the community, arising from the form, content or context of the event. Further, the event must demonstrate meaningful consultation and collaboration with the LGBTQIA+ community in the creation and presentation of the event.
How it works
- Registrations are made through the Pride Amplified registration portal, (open 11 November), where Event Providers can now upload their event information.
- Venues can also register to be part of Pride Amplified through Pride Amplified registration portal and connect with event providers who are looking for a venue to present their event.
- Event Providers are responsible for all aspects of the event and retain all box office responsibilities. Pride Amplified events are encouraged to use the Red61 ticketing system provided by Pride Amplified, however Event Providers with an existing relationship can use their own ticketing platform to sell tickets.
- To be part of Pride Amplified, a registration fee is payable. The fee is on a sliding scale depending on the ticket price and size of the event (see below). The registration fee covers the cost of administering the Pride Amplified program.
- Projects that are both not for profit AND have not received corporate, government or substantial philanthropic financial support, will have the option to apply for a registration fee waiver.
- Events submitted by 1 August 2022 and approved will be able to use the Pride Amplified logo in marketing, be part of the Sydney WorldPride printed guide, and be listed on the Pride Amplified website.
- Events submitted and approved in the November second round will be able to use the Pride Amplified logo in marketing and will be listed on the Pride Amplified website only.
- Event Presenters seeking to register should first read the Event Presenter Handbook for a full understanding of the registration process and ongoing relationship between Presenters and Sydney WorldPride.
By application (see pg 19 of the handbook)
|All Events||FREE ($0)||FREE ($0)|
|Not For Profit / Community Fees|
for events presented by a Not For Profit, or Unfunded* Community Group or Independent Producer
|Cost per event|
|Single Event – free entry||175||175|
|Single Event – paid entry||250||250|
|3 Event Discount Pack (3 different events by the same producer)||475||158.33|
|For Profit / Commercial Fees|
for Events presented by a Commercial/For Profit or Funded Presenter
|Cost per event|
|All events with Free Entry:|
|Single Event or Show Season* – free entry||350||350|
|Events with paid entry in venues of less than 500pax capacity:|
|Single Event – paid entry||500||500|
|Show Season* – paid entry||550||550|
|2 Event Discount Pack (2 different events by the same producer)||750||375|
|4 Event Discount Pack (4 different events by the same producer)||1200||300|
|Events with paid entry in venues of 500pax or greater capacity:|
|Single Event – paid entry||800||800|
|Show Season* – paid entry||950||950|
|2 Event Discount Pack (2 different events by the same producer)||1450||725|
|4 Event Discount Pack (4 different events by the same producer)||2600||650|
*Unfunded means the event receives no corporate, government or substantial philanthropic financial support.
*A ‘Show Season’ means multiple performances of the same production/event over multiple days. Events with multi-show seasons will have one Festival Guide and one Website listing per Event.